School Day (Monday to Friday) 8:45-2:37
|Before School Supervision||8:30 – 8:45 a.m.|
|Class Time||8:45-10:15 a.m.|
|Class Time||10:30-11:50 a.m.|
|LUNCH RECESS||11:50-12:35 p.m.|
|Class Time||12:35 – 2:37 p.m.|
Student Use of the School Building
Before School: The students should arrive at school no earlier than 8:30 am unless involved in a supervised program or by special arrangement.
Noon Hour: Students are to remain on school property unless written permission is provided by a parent, guardian, or teacher.
Washrooms: Students who need to use the washroom when they are outside on the playground are to enter and exit through the main entrance doors and use the washrooms by the office.
Supervision: There will supervision 10 minutes before and after school.
Noon Recess 11:50 to 12:35
1. Is a quiet time for the students to remain seated in their classroom to eat their lunch. Supervision assistants and student monitors assist students in the following expectations for eating in the classroom. The students are expected to:
- remain seated while eating their lunch
- quietly chat with friends- be respectful and polite to classmates, and supervisors
- use proper table manners while eating their lunch- leave the desk and floor area clean
- use the garbage cans provided, eat their own food; (for health reasons, students are encouraged not to trade or share food)
- recycle or reuse appropriately when possible, deposit snack wrappers in receptacles before going outside
- compost or take home uneaten food
2. Students who bring their lunch to school must eat lunch at school in their enrolling classroom.
3. Students are not to leave the school grounds at noon recess for any reason unless they have written permission from their parent or guardian, or in special cases, permission from their teacher, the principal, or vice-principal.
If parents are picking up children during the school day, they are asked to check-in at the office before taking their child and use the sign-out sheet.
There is an adult crossing guard at the corner of Grange and Burnside. Adult Crossing Guards are contracted through Beacon Community Services.